We’re committed to investing in operations that contribute to the sustainable development of mineral resources through efficient, balance, long-term management, while showing due consideration for the wellbeing of people, local community, and protection of the environment.
Our flagship operation is our 50%-owned Bluestone Mines Tasmania Joint Venture that operates the Renison Tin Mine in Tasmania.
Tasmania’s northwest coast is renowned for its natural beauty and wilderness and our underground mine has a small environmental footprint compared with open pit operations.
Rehabilitate and recycle
The BMTJV is in the process of rehabilitating the now-closed Mt Bischoff site and is also investigating recycling tailings through the proposed Rentails project to produce tin and copper.
We’re committed to striving for best practice in all aspects of our business and this has driven our establishment of an Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting framework.
Our ESG Report has been developed with reference to Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards and sets out our five goals:
- Stakeholder Engagement – involve all our stakeholders
- Protect the Environment – through our investments, stewardship and consultation
- Social Impact – contribute to local communities and their development
- Grow with People – through co-operation and participation
- Business Integrity – transparent and responsible supply and value chain
These goals complement our existing company values of Integrity, Honesty, Accountability and Commitment.